About the organisation
A leading global professional services organisation that provides services and expertise to high profile clients across the world. An organisation with exceptional client service expectations that is part of their internal culture. The organisation is based in newly refurbished offices based in Sydney CBD and has won multiple awards for their collaborative and team focused culture.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the senior finance manager, this role will take ownership of all Accounts Payable duties for the organisation. The role is a 9 month paternity cover role that will offer great exposure internally and externally to their prestigious client base.
The role will be part of a culture that offers collaboration, workplace flexibility and broader opportunities across departments and locations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Matching, batching and coding of invoices
- Processing high volume of invoices weekly
- Preparation, allocation of costs to correct G/L accounts and checking to Purchase Order system
- Process cheques, EFT payment runs and sending remittance advices in a timely manner
- Monthly reconciliation of creditors
- Weekly upload/reconciliation of expense claims (ProMaster)
- Disbursement entry into APS (timesheet/billing software)
- Update supplier records on relevant databases
- Contribute accounts payable information to other departments
- General adhoc tasks (incl. month end journal entries when necessary)
- Liaising with internal & external stakeholders
- You will have 3 plus year experience in an accounts payable role.
- Previous experience working within a professional services environment; eg legal, accounting, consulting etc.
- Proficient with MS office suite
- Systems knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains), ProMaster and banking software is highly desirable.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Works collaboratively to achieve a positive team outcome, achieves buy in
- Acts with integrity and builds a positive profile to reach desired outcome
- Is willing and driven, demonstrates initiative and takes a proactive approach