About the company
The organisation is a well respected international accounting firm with national head office based in Sydney. The firm is recognised for their client engagement and corporate culture. They have a strong and diverse client base ranging from ASX100 to SMEs seeking their customer focused solutions. With a strong focus on on customer delivery as well as employee satisfaction.
About the role:
This 12 month fixed term contract to start in late August will be the most senior member of the credit control function. The role will advise clients on complex credit queries, where the candidate will show great knowledge of best practice processes. The role will report to the Head of Finance, and will have ownership of the organisations Credit Control area.
- Communicating directly with clients to ensure their understanding of the legal/commercial context of their actions, and tackling difficult discussions in this respect.
- Working with lawyers and debt collection agencies to gain satisfactory results.
- Utilising policy into efficient credit practices and solutions to meet the needs of the organisation, advising others on interpretation.
- Devising processes aligned to policy to guide smooth service delivery, and overseeing the implementation;
- Regular monthly/weekly/daily debtors and cash reporting
- Processing of payments, as required;
- Issuing of monthly client statements;
- Supervision and management of credit control team;
- Ensuring team remain within cash collection budgets and manage time accordingly;
- Regular meetings with key stakeholders to provide an updated debtors status;
- Conducting staff Performance Development Reviews, providing regular ongoing feedback and contributing to their career development planning.
- You will be an autonomous and practical thinker.
- You will have experience as a senior credit controller or manager, ideally within a professional services environment.
- Strong stakeholder management and people leadership skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced credit controller. This organisation offers a culture that emphasises a collaborative and supportive culture.