About the company
The organisation is a global property business that is known for their high-end profile. This role will be based in their Sydney CBD office, in their newly built offices overlooking the harbour.
About the role
This role will initially be a contract role to start immediately. The role will require someone with prior accounting experience and leadership within the property industry. This opportunity will focus on accurate and timely delivery of month financial reporting for various client portfolios and trusts. There will be a focus on achieving excellence within client reporting standards.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the recording, reporting and analysis of the financial performance of the portfolio
- Responsible for all asset and tenancy data and the preparation of all related tenancy schedules and records to enable the General Manager to manage the asset
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and all subsequent reporting requirements
- Preparation of outgoings recoveries
- Monthly Accrual Variance Reporting
- Review of financials including the posting of general ledger journals (both adjustments and accruals)
- Month-end closing of properties
- Monthly Management Report – provide financial commentary for Centre Manager’s review.
- Monthly GST reconciliation and reporting
- Trial balance review and reporting
- Aged Arrears reconciliations
- Monitor outgoings recoveries reconciliation and calculations that are performed automatically by the system. Calculate or adjust manually any outgoings recoveries as required. Generate letters in relation to the outgoing’s recovery calculations.
- Uploading of budgets and/or forecasts into the Vision System (MRI). This would include reconciliation of the upload to the excel spreadsheet, coordination of approval of the budget, maintaining signed-off copies of the budget.
- Working knowledge of trust accounting, finance legislation and property industry standards
- Able to develop and articulate Financial Management offerings and communicate financial issues logically, clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications in order to develop trusted relationship with clients
- You will be previously experienced within an accounting role within the property industry. Ideally at a management level.
- CA or CPA qualified.
- Ideally you will be experienced in or have exposure to MRI as a software system.
- You will be immediately available and can commit to at least 2 months’ worth of work.
- This role has the potential to go permanent.