We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join our client at a key development stage in our business. Utilising your specialist expertise, you will help us develop data and analytics by maintaining, improving, cleaning and manipulating data whilst working with stakeholders to create and embed innovative solutions. It is therefore essential you have an excellent working knowledge of Azure to design and implement the management, monitoring, security and privacy of data using the full stack of Azure data services.
- Provide the organisation with specialist expertise on the use of Data and Analytics to address business challenges
· Provide technical expertise in Azure Data Platform
· Experienced in Data Warehouse / Data Lake / Lake House implementations
· Develop ELT pipelines in and out of data lake using Azure Data Factory, Databricks and Delta Lake.
· Promote changes between environments using Azure Devops Pipelines
· Integrate on-premise infrastructure with public cloud AZURE infrastructure.
· Partner with the Data Architects, Product Managers, Data Modellers, Business Users and Scrum Masters to deliver data integrations and BI solutions required for various projects.
- Maintain close liaison with Enterprise Architects and Solution Architecture to turn ideas into projects and translate business strategy into data and information exploitation plans
- Analyse and organise raw data from different sources and report on results
- Work across organisation to optimise the delivery and maintenance approach to analytical capability – methods, models, algorithms
- Proven knowledge of data storage methods and techniques (data warehousing, enterprise data hubs, data visualisation, Azure Data Lakes, Data Factory, Synapse Warehouse, Data Bricks, Analysis Services) and the practical application of those to meet business requirements
- Proven application of designing and implementing data integration pipelines using Azure Data Factory, working and a good knowledge of Azure DevOps, Azure stack and Azure Synapse
- Excellent Data modelling techniques such as Kimball, data marts, data cubes, star schemas and snowflakes
- Good analytics experience with PowerBI, Analysis Services and T-SQL
· Proven experience working with Spark on large data volumes (preferably in Databricks)
· Proficiency in Python (Pyspark), SQL (ANSI and Spark SQL) and SCALA performance tuning and troubleshooting.
· Proficiency in building and optimising Azure Devops Pipelines is desired
- Proven experience of creating reporting or analysis solutions using large volumes of data
- Experience of Agile working preferably with Scrum and user stories
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Self-starter, proactive and able to solve complex issues
Apply below with your CV in a WORD format, or call Adele on 0480 023 035 for more details