Accounts Payable Senior
Position: Senior Accounts Payable Officer
Our client, a dynamic and mission-driven organization, is seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Officer to join their dedicated team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to make a significant impact within a not-for-profit organization. If you are a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual with a passion for financial excellence, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Accounts Payable Officer, you will be responsible for the following key duties:
Supervise Outsourcing Team: Oversee the processing of invoices in accordance with Company procedures, including invoice checking, matching, and approvals.
Ensure Accuracy: Verify that all data entry work completed by the outsourcing department is accurate.
Payment Management: Efficiently manage accounts payable through EFT payments.
Operational Activities: Handle various accounts payable operational activities, including credit applications, corporate credit card reconciliations, creditor file maintenance, and monthly reconciliations.
Creditor Reconciliation: Manage end-of-month creditor reconciliation processes and investigate any outstanding actions/payments.
Business Costing: Contribute to business costing accuracy by reviewing the coding of invoices.
Document Management: Monitor accounts payable records, ensuring all source documents are properly attached to transactions.
Customer Relations: Respond politely and helpfully to internal and external accounts payable-related inquiries.
Billing and Claims: Manage the NDIS billing process, collection, and claims. Also, oversee the end-to-end Aged care billing and claims process.
Procurement: Order stationery, staff amenities, fuel cards, and equipment, including phones, iPads, laptops. Contact utilities for property changes.
Invoicing and Debt Collection: Complete raising of invoices for customers and collection of debt. Perform prepayment journals and reconciliations.
Data Management: Record and maintain data on equipment issue registers and various other registers.
Collaboration: Work closely with the Finance Manager and Assistant Accountant to provide quality business support and identify risks and opportunities.
Archiving: Archive records physically and electronically.
- Ensure conduct aligns with Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Uphold exceptional safety standards at all times, following workplace health and safety requirements.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Position: Accounts Supervisor
- Reports To: Finance Manager
- Direct Reports: Outsourcing Team – Accounts payable, Business Support Services Officer
Qualifications / Certificates / Licenses:
- Certificate III in Business/Accounting or similar
- National Police Check
- 2 years of previous experience in a similar role/industry
- Experience working for an Aboriginal or not-for-profit organization (desirable)
- Knowledge and application of taxation legislation and purchasing fundamentals
- Proven work experience in an Accounts Payable role (or Accounts Receivable)
- Experience and understanding of bookkeeping in relation to journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Experience with Xero, Approval max, Webexpense for credit card management, or similar accounting software (desirable)
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong organization and administrative skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and with minimum direction
- Proven ability to calculate and manage financial records
- Aboriginality is a desirable requirement for this position
If you are a highly motivated and detail-oriented professional with a passion for excellence in financial management and a desire to make a positive impact, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity with our client.
Send an updated CV to Roxann . Bentley @ mane .com . au