I am seeking a Project Manager for a University in Sydney.
The role is to commence asap and run for approximately 18 months.
Project Manager (Sustainability Reporting Compliance), you will lead a small project team to deliver an institutional response to a complex and evolving ESG reporting landscape. Through this you will seek to position the University as a leader in sustainability reporting, establish sector best practice, and ensure organisational compliance and alignment with emerging government standards and requirements.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- identify new and complementary initiatives that champion sustainability, climate, and nature reporting best practice across the university
- develop and embed project governance and reporting to ensure progress is monitored and risks mitigate
- provide effective leadership and people management and coordination of project staff.
- work within a dynamic and expanding team, reporting to the Senior Program Manager Sustainability
- drive change towards improved sustainability practice and disclosure and align this with key stakeholder expectations, and ethical and moral, reputational, and operational requirements
- utilise existing reports, roadmaps and plans to collaboratively develop and deliver an 18-month implementation plan that lays strong foundations for future sustainability reporting and disclosure activities
- manages project financials against budget and coordinate external funding opportunities
- manage stakeholders and communications to ensure effective collaboration and teamwork with other project teams and stakeholders across the University
If you are passionate about sustainability and are motivated by the opportunity leverage your project management experience to implement and champion reporting best practice, you will thrive in this role.
- demonstrated experience managing projects with diverse group of stakeholders both internal and external and multiple vendors
- familiarity with emerging sustainability reporting standards such as; International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB), NSW Treasury Annual Reporting Framework (ARF), Taskforce on Climate-Related Disclosures (TCFD) and Taskforce on Nature-Related Financial Disclosures (TNFD)
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure for a project
- superior leadership, communication, negotiation and influencing skills, including mentoring team members to deliver high quality outcomes
- knowledge of climate and/or nature accounting and the target-setting landscape, and a demonstrated understanding of the underpinning science, and its challenges and limitations
- advanced industry certifications including Prince2 and/or PMBOK or equivalent, is highly desirable.
For further information or to express your interest please contact