Senior Data Engineer
Our industry leading client is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to design and develop a robust data & analytics ecosystem to support data-driven decision-making, enhancing their service quality. The Senior Data Engineer will have expertise in designing and implementing end-to-end data solutions using Snowflake and AWS. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a critical role in developing and maintaining scalable data architectures, ensuring data quality, and enabling advanced analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Build data pipelines in the Data Lake from scratch using S3 buckets, Snowflake, Lambda functions, Python, and Glue.
- Establish data pipelines connecting to an enterprise Data Lake/Warehouse using STAR schema with SCDs, CDCs, and FACT tables.
- Document technical specifications, data models, and process flows.
- Collaborate with Product and Business Owners, and work with technical teams on development, testing, and support.
- Conduct in-depth analysis and issue resolution for ETL development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years with SAS, Informatica, or similar ETL tools.
- 10+ years in data warehousing, BI report development, and data analysis.
- Proficient in data modeling and manipulation.
- Agile development experience (Scrum or Kanban).
- Knowledge of Kubernetes (beneficial).
- Insurance industry background an advanatge
- Exposure to Snowflake database.
- SAS development expertise is an advantage
- Mentorship experience.
- Familiarity with Docker, CI/CD, Linux/Unix, AWS, SQL.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.